ads

Heroic | Birpurush | By Rabindranath Thakur Translated by Diptodip Deb

Imagine that after roaming the world,
I'm going with my mother very far away.
You are going in a Palkee, Mother,
With the two doors a little split.
I'm riding on a reddish brown horse,
Galloping beside you.
From the way the horse's foot falls,
A reddish brown cloud seems to be coming up from the ground
And rising away.
Heoric | Birpurush | Art and Translated by Diptodip Deb | Age 11 | Rabindranath Thakur
Abhijan Magazine, VOL-17, October 2008, Florida

Evening has come,
The sun is setting.
We've arrived at a huge field.
Everywhere I look, it's barren,
With no sign of life.
And Mother, seeing all this you are frightened.
You are thinking "Where have we come?"
I tell you, "Don't be scared, mother"
We can see a dead stream faraway.

The field is covered by burrs
The road has turned in the middle
There are no animals anywhere.
Before evening, the went back to their stables.
Who knows where we are heading?
In the dark you can't see well.
Imagine that, you called me over,
And said, "Can you see the light over on the edge of the lake?"
Suddenly we hear a, "Ha re re re re re!"
It seems that a gang of robbers is heading our way.

In their hands, they have a stick,
And in their ears, there is a red hibscus flower.
I say "Stop!" - "Who goes there?"
"One step and you are finished by my sword.
On hearing this they jump up and say,
"Ha re re re re re!"
Frightened, you say, "Don't go, my son"
I say, "Just watch."
I make the horse run to them.

The weapons clank and clutter
Such a fearful battle it was Mother,
That if you hear about it,
A chill will go down your spine.
So many people ran away in fright
And so many people's heads were cut.
After battling with so many people,
You are thinking that I have died.

In fright, you are praying.
The people carrying the Palkee are hiding in the Bushes, terrified.
I call you and say, "I am here Mother!"
"Why are you affraid?"

Then I come, covered in blood,
Saying that the battle is over.

Hearing this you come down from the Palkee,
Kiss me, and take me on your lap.
Then you say what luck we had,
Otherwise we would have perished.

Everyday there is so much going on.
Why does a tale like this never happen?
If it did, surely a story would come about.
Everybody that heard it would be amazed!
My brother would say, "How can that be?"
"Does my little brother have so much strength?"

The neighbors would all say
"What luck that your child was there!
Share on Google Plus

About Vesuvius

Thanks you very much for read my POST. What you want, What you like, Which page is you like so much, Please tell me, I am waiting for your sweet response. Thanks Again.

1 comments:

Thanks you Visit Awesome Raja.
www.awesomeraja.ml
classicalsujon@gmail.com